White Screen (Crash)

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
Tru14

White Screen (Crash)

Post by Tru14 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:36 am

Honestly, not sure what has changed since the last time I logged into the game but today I logged into the game and after hitting the "Play" button I am now receiving a white screen in my ashita window. I have not updated any drivers since the last time I logged in so am unsure of why this is happening.

Thanks.

EDIT: 10/15 10:30EST

I opened FFXI fine with the official POL client and I can play. However, I still get the white screen (which is a crash as the program is non-responsive after this) after I hit "play" with Ashita. So, it is something on the Ashita end of things. I am using the same ashita config option I've used for over a year.

I used several different configs and all resolutions are still crashing FFXI with the white screen.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: White Screen (Crash)

Post by atom0s » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:52 am

Sorry for the late reply. Some things to try to fix this:

- Check your background and menu resolutions are something valid. (Background should be like 4096x4096, menu should match your window resolution of FFXI in most cases.)
- Check to make sure you don't have any broken mods installed like ReShade, dgVoodoo (older versions), etc.
- Check to make sure you don't have custom graphics card settings set up causing issues with FFXI.
- Check to make sure your install of FFXI is not corrupt or missing files.
- Make sure your anti-virus is not interfering with Ashita.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s