How do I stop an ongoing (skillup) script?

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
momotle

How do I stop an ongoing (skillup) script?

Post by momotle » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:24 pm

So I've googled endlessly and tried the search function on this forum and can't find how to simply kill an ongoing script.

I'm not using any kind of plugin or addon, just a plain old script that I wrote up, lasting 10mins to skillup. I remember being able to kill an ongoing script back when Windower was being used on retail, but I have very little experience with Ashita.

Anyone know how I can stop a simple script from continuing until it's complete? Thanks!
Last edited by momotle on Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: How do I stop an ongoing (skillup) script?

Post by atom0s » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 pm

Scripts are not killable by commands, never have been. They are not meant to be looped indefinitely either. You should be using addons or plugins to do this instead.

As for killing the script, really depends on how it's running. If it's re-executing itself or another script back and forth just delete the script or move it from the scripts folder. If you have it full of just repeated actions then you will have to let it finish or just kill the game.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
momotle

Post by momotle » Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:00 pm

atom0s wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:47 pm
Scripts are not killable by commands, never have been. They are not meant to be looped indefinitely either. You should be using addons or plugins to do this instead.

As for killing the script, really depends on how it's running. If it's re-executing itself or another script back and forth just delete the script or move it from the scripts folder. If you have it full of just repeated actions then you will have to let it finish or just kill the game.
Ah, okay. I thought I vaguely remembered being able to kill a script on command in the past. I thought there was a simple way to stop/pause them; I guess I'll look into how to set them up via plugin/addons then. It's just that writing scripts is really really easy haha. I only make skillup scripts that last 5-10mins long though, so it wasn't too big an issue. Thanks very much for the quick reply!
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:07 pm

I'd recommend looking at the Repeater plugin. You can set that up to execute a script, then only have the script do whatever it is you want once. That way repeater is handling the repeats and can be stopped.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s