FFXI long load times

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
Dutton

FFXI long load times

Post by Dutton » Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:37 pm

atom0s wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:31 pm
See if this is affecting you:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threa ... post617352
I did a fresh windows 7 install recently on an old pc, switching from x86 to x64 and when I tried to run ffxi I got the apeshit Rundll32.exe problem talked about in those links. Messing with games explorer seems to have addressed the problem with launching playonline viewer and the 100% cpu usage. Another issue I was having at the same time which I think now maybe something else, when launching an Ashita character shortcut to logon to HomePointXI, ashita runs and bootloader comes up, but then my hdd just reads/writes rapidly for a while and after about a minute or more I eventually get to the ffxi login screen. If I attempt to login subsequent characters the wait/hangtime is like 3 minutes for a second character and like 5 minutes for a third. Last weekend for kicks I did a dualboot windows install with both 32 and 64 bit versions, seemed ok but when trying to run XI the same long wait times happened when I boot from the 32 bit install. Once charcters are logged on, though, everything is snappy and runs great. I'm not suggesting this is a problem with Ashita, just fishing for ideas.