Chatmod Addon

Discuss the development of Lua addons for Ashita v3 here.
marauder

Re: Chatmod Addon

Post by marauder » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:15 am

Great addon! Since moving to ashita (mainly for ashitacast :)) from windower the only addon I truly miss is battlemod. Chatmod works great when it works but it crashes pretty much every session. :( I checked the "Issues" section on github and mine crashes for essentially the same reasons.

Keep up the good work!
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Tue May 22, 2018 10:38 am

marauder wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:15 am
Great addon! Since moving to ashita (mainly for ashitacast :)) from windower the only addon I truly miss is battlemod. Chatmod works great when it works but it crashes pretty much every session. :( I checked the "Issues" section on github and mine crashes for essentially the same reasons.

Keep up the good work!
Sorry for the Necro, but in case others see this and didn't know about it. Someone developed a Windower shim that enables the ability to use the battlemod addon from Windower within Ashita.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=777
Lithorn

Post by Lithorn » Fri May 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Did I do something wrong? My target only seems to work when I am in party, it shows the name of who im sending my magic to. The issue is when out of party or in one, it never says "Who" is doing the action. Just says "Out of Range" even when I cast on myself. Image

To better sum it up, it shows the names correctly for everyone else but myself. I've searched the lua and found 3 places for "Out of Range". Changing the first two did nothing, but the third section if I name it my name, works but then when I cast it on someone else it also says my name is the target.

This seems to be the section controlling that
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Fri May 25, 2018 4:46 pm

Pretty sure this is discontinued. Instead, you can look at the Windower wrapper and battlemod implementation by Yunamahoutsukai here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=777
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Lithorn

Post by Lithorn » Mon May 28, 2018 6:55 am

I couldnt get that wrapper to work, and didn't understand what he ment by linking the folder. I tried to copy the windower folder into battlemod, but it refused. I tried to load battlemod as an addon and it failed.
shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Mon May 28, 2018 12:09 pm

Yup currently discontinued. I apologize for that. :(

The Battlemod one works great; I'd recommend looking into that and maybe contacting that developer to see if you can get it setup correctly.
marauder

Post by marauder » Mon May 28, 2018 1:45 pm

shinzaku wrote:
Mon May 28, 2018 12:09 pm
Yup currently discontinued. I apologize for that. :(

The Battlemod one works great; I'd recommend looking into that and maybe contacting that developer to see if you can get it setup correctly.
I just got Battlemod working as well. Works awesome so far! Thanks for the tip.
Lithorn

Post by Lithorn » Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:42 pm

How did you get battlemod working? Explain in steps please?