Moving and Following

Discuss the development of Lua addons for Ashita v3 here.
shinzaku

Moving and Following

Post by shinzaku » Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:56 am

I know that Windower currently has functionality to move the player and to enable/disable follow.

I'm not sure if Ashita has the same functionality - would anyone else know? I'm looking at porting some more addons but these elude me.
Should I play around with the "SetMoveX, SetMoveY, SetMoveZ" functions I see in Ashita.h?
sumguy

Re: Moving and Following

Post by sumguy » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:02 pm

I use Servo to send follow commands and the like.
shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:08 am

Ah I'm looking at porting the "On the Go" and "React" addons that Sammeh released for Windower.

On the Go will stop the player, if they are on follow or autorun, and allow them to cast the spell that was inputted. After casting, it will resume the follow or autorun.

React will allow the user to react to any sort of incoming text. One of the major features it does is run away from the mob. I can't seem to replicate that effect.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:02 pm

The SetMoveX/Y/Z functions are just informational data the client uses to handle syncing your position with the server and other interactions with things, they are not the auto-follow movement information. Ashita does not expose this in any manner since we allow memory reading/writing in our Lua engine, so users are openly free to pull the data from the client as needed. The movement structure for auto-follow is fairly basic and is found pretty easily. As a hint, look for your current camera mode. (0 and 1 value, first and third person) It is in that same area of memory.

I'm not against people sharing info on how to do any of this, and I could make a library for it sooner or later for addons to make use of, but at the moment my time is being spent on some other projects that generate income.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
shinzaku

Post by shinzaku » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:57 am

Hmmm okay. Thanks at0m0s!

I'll play around with the memory editing and see if I can move a character through an addon. :D