Trustee

Share your finished and ready for use addons here.
Mugi

Trustee

Post by Mugi » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:07 pm

Addon Name: Trustee
Addon Author: Mugi
Current Version: v1.1.1

This addon stores user-defined sets of Trusts in a JSON file and summons those sets using a command line interface. There are a few more additions/changes I'd like to make, but it's functioning well for me so far, so I thought I'd share it with the forum.

I decided to write this addon because I'm tired of making scripts for my different Trust parties. It also removes the need for extra aliases, which could break depending on which other commands are sharing the alias space. Hopefully someone out there finds this useful.

You can find a link to the GitHub repository here: https://github.com/Mugi-Asura/trustee

Addon commands can be found in the GitHub README.

Most recent update:
Mugi wrote:
Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:34 pm
I just updated Trustee at the main github repository link. There should be a new release so you can just go download the files and drop in what you need. I updated the name map so it would better support the "/trustee add setName party" command.

I'm not at my home computer (I'm currently working remotely), so I won't have a chance to test it. However, none of the core files changed so unless I made a typo in the name map, it should still work at least the same as before while also handling more name options from the party list when using the add party command. If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll set something up so I can actually test it in-game.
Last edited by Mugi on Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tru14

Re: Trustee

Post by Tru14 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

Thanks for sharing!
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:25 am

Tru14 wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm
Thanks for sharing!
No problem! If you give it a try, I hope it works well for you.

I also updated the addon last night. The 2 second start buffer was a bit too short sometimes, so I increased it to 4 seconds and haven't had any problems since. If you have any issues with the Trusts not summoning properly when you already have a Trust party filled, try reinstalling and see if that fixes your problem.
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 am

So.
I have loaded up the addon.
First problem I had with loading since addon comes in \trustee-master\ subfolder and so I have it unzipped to \Ashita\Addons subfloder then I had problem with loading it up because of "no such folder or file" error. Then I have renamed addon name to \trustee\ and it run.
Then I user /tr add UP <trusts names here>
Then attempted to load it with /trustee UP and addon returns me an error that there is no such set list :(
I used /trustee list and my UP list was listed.
What I do wrong?

-EDIT-

Ok I figured it out.
It's case sensitive ;)
I used up instead of UP while attempting to summon.
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:46 pm

Sinnersslayer wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 am
First problem I had with loading since addon comes in \trustee-master\ subfolder and so I have it unzipped to \Ashita\Addons subfloder then I had problem with loading it up because of "no such folder or file" error. Then I have renamed addon name to \trustee\ and it run.
Yes, you're right. The ZIP download will pull the files directly from the repository, which appends "-master" to the end by default. I'll set up a release download this weekend so that problem can be avoided in the future.
Sinnersslayer wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:12 am
Ok I figured it out.
It's case sensitive ;)
I used up instead of UP while attempting to summon.
The Trust set names are case sensitive, but the names of the Trusts in the list are not. I'll add that that to the help entry to make sure everyone is aware.

Thanks for the feedback. I hope you enjoy the addon!
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:55 am

Mugi wrote:
Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:46 pm
...I hope you enjoy the addon!
Oh I do.
It save a lot of trouble :)
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:29 am

Is there a possibility to replace trust in existing set list?
I have edited json file in notepad++, saved it, reloaded addon in game but still it summons replaced trust...
Mugi

Post by Mugi » Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Sinnersslayer wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:29 am
Is there a possibility to replace trust in existing set list?
I have edited json file in notepad++, saved it, reloaded addon in game but still it summons replaced trust...
Remember that when you reload the game it saves any of the lists currently in memory to the JSON file, then loads the JSON file again. If you edit the JSON and then reload, you will lose any changes you made manually because it will overwrite them with the data stored in memory. If you want to edit the JSON manually, the addon has to be unloaded. So unload the addon, edit the files, load the addon.

If you want to replace a Trust set via the Trustee interface, you can simply make a new Trust set with the same name and it will overwrite the old one with /trustee add. Is this not working for you?

For example, if you have a set named "set1" already in memory, you could use:

Code: Select all

/trustee add set1 Trion, Apururu
and the Trust set named "set1" would now include Trion and Apururu. This won't be saved to the JSON file until you unload the addon or restart your game client.
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:47 am

Great!
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:17 pm

Was thinking that would be great to have a possibility to parse current summoned Trusts into the list.