- Added FindPatternEx to memory functions. (See notes for more info.)
- Changed memory read functions to use exception handling to prevent crashes on invalid readings.
- Changed memory read functions to default return 0 if an exception is thrown.
- This change does not apply to ReadArray and ReadString currently.
The FindPatternEx function is a more optimized pattern scanning function that makes things much cleaner and easier to use.
The format of this function is:
Code: Select all
mem.FindPatternEx(module_name, pattern, offset, usageCount);
- module_name - should be the name of the module you want to scan within. (ex. 'FFXiMain.dll')
- pattern - Should be a string containing your desired pattern. Wildcards are treated as '??'. (This should not contain any spaces!)
- offset - The offset to add to the result when found.
- usageCount - The pointer to use when found. Useful if your pattern matches multiple addresses and you need to use a specific one.