Can't seem to get this to work properly, no matter what

Chat about the proxy project here. (General topics, support, requests, etc. are welcome here.)
Fanryu

Can't seem to get this to work properly, no matter what

Post by Fanryu » Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:13 pm

I followed the guide to the T. I even uninstalled the newer versions of Microsoft Visual to install the version recommended. No matter what I seem to try, I always float around 20FPS in game, on Ashita, with a laptop that has a 1060 6GB. I've tried everything in my power before coming here to hopefully get some help fixing this issue.

Edit: To anyone who comes here unable to get this working...I literally took the .dll and .ini file for the proxy and placed it in the Kupoloader folder, base Ashita folder, and the folder you're told to put it in (basically, any folder I could find that had pol.exe in it). Dunno which place is the one that Ashita is reading from, apparently, but it worked, regardless.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to get this to work properly, no matter what

Post by atom0s » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 am

For private servers, the dll and ini should be in the same folder as the boot loader you use to connect with. In normal instances, /ffxi-bootmod/ is where it should be placed. For Kupo's server they use a custom modified boot loader so it should be in the folder with their own loader.

Ashita does not read the dll, it is just how Windows itself handles load order of modules. It will attempt to load from the root directory of the calling app first then do a series of specific folder lookups based on various system settings.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Fanryu

Re: Can't seem to get this to work properly, no matter what

Post by Fanryu » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Yeah, to anyone who finds this, the folder you need to put it in is "KupoLoader". Put that in there, and you'll be up and running at a sexy 60FPS in no time. Thanks Atom0s