I cant put ashita resolution right

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
skate398

I cant put ashita resolution right

Post by skate398 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Hi, i am hoping i can get help for this weird issue im having. Simply put no matter what resolutions i use, (ive tried tons) for ashita window/menu and background i never get the right proportion it seems. No matter what i put in, my mouse dosent highlight the buttons at all, or only if i move it around far from the button(because mouse is messed up with resolution). I want to use this program and it works perfect except for resolution issue(its just like when res is badly done and mouse cant click on the buttons/icons unless ur far from the button. Is there a perfect resolution i can use that will fix this issue?? Ive tried putting ff config to the same settings as ashita and still no luck. Maybe the res is messed up because of registry setting? Because I tried withought using -1(putting in resolutions myself) and with the -1(registry number right) but its never proportionate enough perfectly for my mouse to click on a icon correctly.
Please help. thanks.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: I cant put ashita resolution right

Post by atom0s » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:57 pm

The window size and menu size are typically going to need to be the same in order to make use of the mouse at all. The background side is mainly used for determinating how good the texture quality will be.

For example, if you wish to play at 1920x1080 resolution, I'd recommend:

Window Size: 1920x1080
Background Size: 4096x4096
Menu Size: 1920x1080

Generally, the background-size can be tweaked to your preferences, 4096x4096 has been the optimal size for me over the years so I've always stuck with it.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s