Recast, Duration positions won't change

Having an issue with Ashita? Need some help setting things up? Ask for support here.
tamama

Recast, Duration positions won't change

Post by tamama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:26 am

As the title says, I can't get them to change position on screen at all. When i edit them on NP++ and save them, then reload, they simply re-write the default values. I've tried a lot of things that don't seem to work, so I'm at a loss. It's usually as simple as updating the x y values, is there more to it?

With recast, I've edited both the xml file and the json, as well as one or the other and the default values are rewritten on reload. With Duration, I edited the xml and reloaded it; same result.

Support greatly appreciated. They're currently just on top of one another and are almost unusable.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Recast, Duration positions won't change

Post by atom0s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:00 am

You need to unload them first, then edit the settings file, then load them again.
Reloading causes the settings to save first, then the addon is reloaded and the settings are then loaded. So your changes will not take effect.

You can also manually move the font object by holding shift and click/dragging the items.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
tamama

Post by tamama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:41 am

Oh, well that's lovely. Thank you.

One more question, is there a file to add spells to the duration tracker? I've only found the one containing the xy position.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:41 am

tamama wrote:Oh, well that's lovely. Thank you.

One more question, is there a file to add spells to the duration tracker? I've only found the one containing the xy position.
For recast? It handles all of the spells automatically.
Lead Ashita Developer

tamama

Post by tamama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:44 am

No, for the Duration plugin. It isn't tracking a few things I wish it would.

I'd like to be able to track my geo spells, stoneskin, etc. But at the moment, Duration doesn't seem to know how to track them.
atom0s
Site Admin

Post by atom0s » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:54 am

tamama wrote:No, for the Duration plugin. It isn't tracking a few things I wish it would.

I'd like to be able to track my geo spells, stoneskin, etc. But at the moment, Duration doesn't seem to know how to track them.
Ah that I'm not sure as I didn't write it.
Lead Ashita Developer

tamama

Post by tamama » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:57 am

Well darn. Thanks for the help anyway. The only file I can find for it doesn't seem to contain any resources that it would use to track spells. I'm looking for that functionality in Ashita, but haven't found it. I'm in need of a full on buff duration tracker, and duration is close to it, but it's missing some things. Guess i'll have to make do for now
Hypnotoad

Post by Hypnotoad » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:26 am

Buffs for Duration to track currently cannot be added by users, they're all programmed into the plugin.

Also, certain spells that are normally only cast on yourself are not tracked since you can already see the duration on the status icon (stoneskin for example.)
GEO spells could be added, we just never got around to doing it.