HomePoint

Share your finished and ready for use addons here.
Shiva219

Re: HomePoint

Post by Shiva219 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:52 pm

I had been using the project Tako homepoints addon but it glitches way too much and will not work with multisend. I download the zip above for this one and extracted it to Ashita/addons/homepoint folder. When I type /addon load homepoint I get a message the the homepoint.lua can’t be found. Should I be moving this folder somewhere else or is it just broken? Or should I be putting the homepoint.lua somewhere else? I looked at the code inside the homepoint.lua and it’s all there. The only thing empty is the settings xml which I’m also not sure if/what/how code needs entered into that.
Shiva219

Post by Shiva219 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:00 am

I figured it out for anyone else that may be having the same issue. I didn’t realize I had to delete the “windower file” and then copy paste the whole windower folder into the homepoint folder. Had to do this for several addons and now all are working as intended. Question now is can you use this shim for any windower addon to work in Ashita or only select ones?
sumguy

Post by sumguy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:04 pm

The way I've worked around utilizing this with multiboxing is sending the warp commands through SendAll.

Code: Select all

/sendall /hp warp Lower Jeuno 2
This inserts a set delay between issuing warp commands.
pantafernando

Post by pantafernando » Sun Dec 29, 2019 12:56 am

Shiva219 wrote:
Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:00 am
I figured it out for anyone else that may be having the same issue. I didn’t realize I had to delete the “windower file” and then copy paste the whole windower folder into the homepoint folder. Had to do this for several addons and now all are working as intended. Question now is can you use this shim for any windower addon to work in Ashita or only select ones?
That “windower” folder is from tako homepoints, right?

Not loading the addon seems most likely the file name problem. Do notice shinzakus addon is “homepoint” and tako is “homepointS”. Personally ive been using shinzakus addon, thats ported from windowers one from sammeh.

Plus i use homepoint with multibox just fine if i do what sumguy proposed: never use any packets function at same time with multiples chars. Add one sec interval between every send command. Thats true for HPs and also checking npc.

About converting, probably it all depend on what function the addon itself uses. Homepoint addon, for example, uses some functions that have equivalents on both programs so it can be ported quite easily. Others like react that youre interested uses the function “windower.ffxi.run” or “windower.ffxi.turn” that there arent an equivalent on ashitas lib, despite those functions can be made with ashitas tools.

Another function i dont think there is an equivalent in ashita is register(“action”... what should be the core of react. Though this one i believe can be emulated by register(“incoming_packet”... and reading the “action” packet received.

The rest of react is just a lot of work. Get_player, add_to_chat, register, get_mob, send_command all of them have an equivalent ready.