Battlemod, looking for Testers

Share your finished and ready for use addons here.
Yunamahoutsukai

Battlemod, looking for Testers

Post by Yunamahoutsukai » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:00 pm

This has not been ported per se.
Instead I have written a compatibility layer which makes this mod run in Ashita with minimal modification.
Hopefully this will make it easier to get more addons to run in Ashita.

Not everything works yet.
But it seems stable in my limited usage(trust party).

If anyone would like to check it out and give it a spin you will find it in my gitlab repo:
https://gitlab.com/farmboy0/ashita-addons

You need the battlemod and the windower folder.
The windower folder needs to be copied or linked inside the battlemod folder for the addon to function.
Last edited by Yunamahoutsukai on Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Battlemod, looking for Testers

Post by atom0s » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:46 pm

Cheers for doing this, I started something a while back to do this as well when Windower first started doing Lua stuff similar to Ashita's, but never had the time to finish it.
Lead Ashita Developer

Want to donate to say thanks?
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:46 am

Out of town this weekend, but will definitely test this out. I'm strictly a private server player anymore, so maybe limited feedback there compared to some other stuff like trusts and other jobs not from "Era" content. Functionality for a compatibility layer for using Windower addons is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
Siushaga

Post by Siushaga » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm

So far the testing has been very positive. The addon works great with your Windower compatibility layer. Haven't been experiencing crashes with limited solo play, and the settings/colors are working as intended.

A couple minor things I've noticed thus far:
Certain messages are duplicating the game's version, as well as the battlemod version, when it should just show only the BM version. A few off hand right now are Out of range, defeats enemy and casting interrupted messages

I also can't seem to get the battlemod addon to load on launch via my default.txt script. Once logged in, there's an error:
Error! Addon battlemod failed to call event load. Error: \addons\battlemod\windower\shim.lua:370: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)

Not sure if it's something I did wrong, but no issues after logon as long as I unload and then load the addon again.
Yunamahoutsukai

Post by Yunamahoutsukai » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

Siushaga wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm
So far the testing has been very positive. The addon works great with your Windower compatibility layer. Haven't been experiencing crashes with limited solo play, and the settings/colors are working as intended.

A couple minor things I've noticed thus far:
Certain messages are duplicating the game's version, as well as the battlemod version, when it should just show only the BM version. A few off hand right now are Out of range, defeats enemy and casting interrupted messages

I also can't seem to get the battlemod addon to load on launch via my default.txt script. Once logged in, there's an error:
Error! Addon battlemod failed to call event load. Error: \addons\battlemod\windower\shim.lua:370: attempt to index local 'entity' (a nil value)

Not sure if it's something I did wrong, but no issues after logon as long as I unload and then load the addon again.
For some reason action messages dont get blocked yet. I know about this issue.

Yes, the addon will currently bug out on loading due to no player entity being present.
I fixed this already and will push the fix soon.
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:57 am

Yunamahoutsukai wrote:
Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:00 pm
You need the battlemod and the windower folder.
The windower folder needs to be copied or linked inside the battlemod folder for the addon to function.
Say what?
So how does that suppose look like?
Thought this is Ashita version since we are on Ashita forum.
What windower has to do with it?
Too dumb for this ;)
Yunamahoutsukai

Post by Yunamahoutsukai » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:20 am

Say what?
So how does that suppose look like?
Thought this is Ashita version since we are on Ashita forum.
What windower has to do with it?
Too dumb for this ;)
if you check my repo at the given url you will find the battlemod and windower folder there.
Sinnersslayer

Post by Sinnersslayer » Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:21 pm

That worked, thanks.
I see no issues with addon so far.
Good work! :)
Yunamahoutsukai

Post by Yunamahoutsukai » Thu May 10, 2018 4:50 am

I have decided to put my addons in a seperate repository. The OP has been updated.
Here is the new URL: https://github.com/farmboy0/ashita-addons.git
SDODC13

Post by SDODC13 » Fri May 11, 2018 8:03 pm

For the most part it works fine but I keep getting duplicating messages.